A capricious spring in Belarus gives way to a warm colorful summer that is definitely an amazing season which is very much similar to a joyful festival. In Belarus there are three summer months; June, July, and August,
In summer long sunny days are replaced with short warm nights. Bright blue skies, snow-white clouds sail across the horizon like boats in over the ocean. All trees and bushes are trimmed, and beautifully dressed in their rich green summer clothes. Under them, everywhere, thick grass is seen growing spangled with the summer flowers, like colorful lights of bluebells, chamomiles, clovers, poppies, tansy flowers. They view is spectacular, just like a colorful palette. The air is filled with a wonderful sweet perfume of summer flowers, under which beautiful butterflies fly, and beetles of all types buzz around..."
Summer has got a wonderful ringing voice. It is birds, who sing loudly high in the sky or hidden in bushes: a maestro-nightingale, a morning skylark bird, and cheerful chatterbox sparrow. You also can see busy swallows that cut tirelessly in the air, in pursuit of midges. When evening dawns, the music of summer changes. As a choir of crickets start their performance till morning.
And even the rain in the summer is warm and gentle. Under the shelter of low clouds, the air becomes hot. Cool rain drops wash away dust from roads and leaves. Due to it, foliage of trees and bushes glitters like real emeralds.
Summer decorates gardens with juicy cherries, red strawberries, green or purple gooseberries, and they hang like colorful gems. Forests also become like a treasure box, where you can see a variety of berries such as raspberries, blueberries, forest strawberries, cowberries; as well as mushrooms and hazelnuts. Everywhere you can see a riot of color, a festival of fertility, and have a feeling of warmth and comfort.
Summer in Belarus is bright, fascinating and full of variety. June is not similar to August, and July can have something to make you happy. A high, clear sky, a warm, clean, see-through river waters, and lakes, ripe fruit, rich bright colors everywhere.
They say that summer is a real paradise after the cold winter.
Summer, the sun, warmth - dance till morning. Come to Belarus in summer, and enjoy its festival of bright colors and fertility.
Photo Credits: Taken from the website - http://www.umka.by/cms/images/10241713209.jpg
"Nature meets nature with a closer look!"
"True blue love of Summer!"
"Beezee Bumble Bee!"
"Blooming Linden Tree!"
"Summer brightens nature's green coat!"
"Do you mind if i take a sip of nectar?" say's the butterfly to the flower!"
"Do we have to be so close to each other coz its really getting hot out
"Buzz off! - This is my flower!"
"Summer morning dew drops!"
"Clouds in a formation of a Sky Dragon!"
"Beautiful scenery above the lake!"
"Beautiful scenery above the lake!
"A lake in the forest!"
"Blooming Lotus Flowers!"
"Blooming Lotus Flowers!"
"A Blooming Lotus!"
"The banks of the Lake!"
"A blooming water lily!"
"Water ferns on the banks of the lake!"
" Another bright sunny day!"
"The forests reflection in the still waters of the lake!"
"A view of the lake through the pine forest!"
"Another view of the lake through the pine forest!"
"Aerial view of the lake through the pine forest!"
"Yellow Fox Mushrooms!"
"Heavy growth of the forest moss!"
"Heather in its purple coat!"
"Driving Miss Daisy!"
"Another image of natures wonders!"
"A school of Daisies!"
"A village area in Belarus!"
'White Stork' - The symbol of Belarus!"
"A summer garden!"
"A beautiful butterfly resting on a flower!"
"A garden of marigold flowers!"
"Hanging 'Dub!" or Oak Acorns!"
"Summer ear rings hanging from a tree!"
"Where the horizon meets the waters of the lake!"
" Inhabitants of the Lake out for a swim!"
"Just beginning to swim!"
"Lily of the valley in summer!"
"A Deja vu of the sunset!"
A list of interesting things to do in summer in Belarus!
Some we put together just for you...
Photo Credits: Taken from the website - http://st.gdefon.ru/wallpapers_original/wallpapers/401750_masha-i-medved_mulfilm_masha_medved.-les._1680x1050_%28www.GdeFon.ru%29.jpg
- Experience the ancient Belarussian summer folk festival "Kupalle" (Midsummer Night), that is celebrated on the 6th of July. On this day, you can have lots of fun; dancing around the bonfire, singing folk songs, jumping over the fire, making flower garlands, searching for a special fern flower in woods that is called "Paparats-Kvetka" here. You can get more data about this mysterious festival in our future Blogger Lense.
- Visit the mountain "Lighthouse" in the town of Braslov, Vitebsk region which is surrounded with around 40 beautiful lakes. You can see a breathtaking panorama of the nearest surroundings from the mountain "Lighthouse" , lakes with islands, high towers of churches, fields and meadows, wooded hills.
- Go swimming to a lake or river. Belarus is called the blue-eyed country, as here there are more than 10 thousands lakes and more than 1000 rivers.
- Build a sandcastle.
- Bury a friend in the sand and take lots of funny photos.
- Throw a stone in a Lake and see how many times you can make it skip over the surface.
- Write down something sweet on the sand bank of a lake then take a picture of it, and send to someone you love.
- Go camping, find a picturesque place on the bank of a lake surrounded with woods, put a tent there and enjoy an unforgettable rest in the fresh air.
- Go fishing.
- Watch the sunrise.
- Go for a walk in the woods, pick up tasty forest berries, enjoy the amazing singing of birds.
- Observe a beautiful star fall in August and make wishes while seeing a falling star.
- Go for a picnic to a park or to the bank of a lake.
- Take a nap under a shade tree.
- Play summer games: tennis, badminton, volleyball, and basketball.
- Ride a bicycle in the park.
- Go roller skating.
- Visit the botanical garden.
- Take a boat ride, or a cycle boat.
- Go to the park of amusements, ride various carousels, eat cotton candy and drink fruit oxygen cocktails.
- Go to 5D halls and find yourself lost in mysterious worlds or taking part in a rally racing.
- Try to get rid of the fear of heights and go to the "Rope City" , located in the ski resort "Logoisk" . Extra information about it you can find in our previous Lense,
- Experience the attraction "Zorb" in the ski resort "Silichy". Going down the hill in the big see-through ball would be really exciting. You can also find more detail about this attraction and this resort in our previous Blogger Lense.
- Get acquainted with Belarussian folk crafts, and the mode of life in ancient times by visiting open-air museums.
- Watch the sunset.
- Choose the agro-tourism in Belarus, rent a wooden house out of the city. Enjoy getting up with a local alarm - a graceful cock and falling asleep under the beautiful song of a talented maestro - nightingale.
- Visit national reserves, get acquainted with rich flora and fauna of Belarus. The oldest forest in Europe is the national reserve "Belavezhskaya Pushcha" , situated in Brest region, where there is the highest fir-tree in whole Europe. Also in this ancient forest, Belarussian Father Frost lives.
- Go to the residence of Belarussian Father Frost, to the fairy tale world. Yes, we are not mistaken. As here Father Frost lives and works all year round and welcomes both kids and adults. In summer Father Frost looks like a real stylish dandy. If you don't believe than read our previous Lenses about Father Frost and his mode of life, and his dresses.
- Go to the shopping mall "Stolica" ("Capital") in Minsk and try delicious ice-cream of various flavors.
- Undertake a pilgrimage to the holy places in Belarus. Get acquainted with the Saint, the holy protector of whole Belarus - St Evfrosiniya of Polotsk, her life. The sacred remains of St Evrosinyain the Cathedral of the Savior, that is located in Polotsk, the oldest city in Belarus, founded in 862.
- Go to a field or meadow, have some rest laying on the grass as if on a colorful carpet. Pick up field beautiful flowers, make a flower garland or search for a camomile, and its white petals will tell you whether someone loves you or not.
- Walk barefoot on the grass.
- Write a poem about the beauty of summer.
- Sketch a butterfly or dragon-fly sitting on the flower.
- Go sunbathing or go swimming on a floating mattress.
"Hi! - I'm Freddie the Frog!"
"Thanks for hopping by our Blogger Lens!"
"Do you like the summer season?"
"If not! - Why?"
"If not! - Why?"
Photo Credits: Taken from the website - http://www.101fundraising.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/summer33.jpeg
Dear Blogger readers & members,
We're sure you all have a certain season in mind that has always been your favorite time of the year. However, the summer season too is long awaited by many after a long winter season. Some of you maybe living in a country where summer has become part of your life and some maybe living in a region where winter has its presence felt throughout the year due to which you may have never experienced what summer feels like or the tropics. Never the less, we'd like to hear from you all on why you do or don't love the summer season! - Send in your material to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will have your material published here if its selected from all the materials sent in to us.